Laser Hair Removal
Have you ever dropped your perfect outfit plans just because you either missed your salon appointment or forgot to remove those unwanted hair? And that’s when you feel like having a permanent fix to this never ending problem which only gets worse with time.
If you razor it, we laser it!
Although some people have familial tendency or any medical conditions to grow excess hair on body, it is not how you want to see your skin. Laser hair removal has increased in popularity over the years because of its efficiency and lasting results. Requiring no downtime, treatments can easily fit into a busy schedule.
Gawai Healthcare brings to you the latest advances in laser hair removal technology, with the aim of providing greater versatility and precision in treatments. By combining three type of laser energy in only one applicator; means that, all kinds of patients can be treated without limitation of prototype, hair type or time of year with the maximum effectiveness and security. . These lasers are approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) for Laser hair reduction.
How Does Laser Hair Removal Work?
Laser system emits a gentle beam of laser energy that is only absorbed by the melanin, the pigment present in the follicle lying below skin surface. The energy transmitted is transformed in to heat that disable the follicle (photothermolysis), by which it lose its potential to grow hair from them again. The laser is precisely calibrated and delivered to the target follicles ensuring no damages are made to surrounding tissue.
How often do I need to come for my session?
The hair growth occurs in three cycles – Anagen (active cycle), Catagen (dormant cycle), and Telogen (fall-out cycle). Laser Hair Removal creates maximum impact when the follicle is in the anagen stage and each follicle must be treated individually to ensure maximum hair removal. So we schedule your appointments when you have most of your hair growth in anagen phase to give you the best benefits of laser hair removal.
Most of the patients report permanent hair loss after 6- 8 treatment sessions.
How long does each treatment take?
Most of the sessions are done as a quick lunch time procedure! The LASER application in an upper lip may take up to 1 minute, in each underarm about 2 mins and in both leg under 9 minutes.
What skin types and areas of body that are treated with Laser Hair Removal Process?
The advanced laser hair removal technology at Gawai Healthcare enables us to treat on all skin types and body areas with maximum efficacy.
Different areas could be treated like
- Full face
- Upper lip
- Bikini line
- Pubic Area
Is Laser Hair Removal Painful?
Even the most sensitive patient with low pain threshold feels nothing more than a “hot stone” massage or in worst case, the sensation snapping of a rubber band on your skin. Thanks to its cooling contact tips which would cool the skin up to -5 degrees to protect the skin from any heat and improve the comfort of the patient. If you compare it to other salon based options like waxing, threading etc the pain and discomfort is almost negligible. Patient may feel slight warmth on skin which will subside in few hours.
How expensive is the laser hair removal?
The benefits of having your unwanted hair permanently removed: You never have to wax or shave again; saving you thousands of rupees and your precious time in the long run and feel confident all year round. An estimated calculation shows your life time of waxing cost about Rs.3,60,000/- while full body laser hair reduction costs only between Rs 1,50,000 to Rs. 1,80,000 on an average. Imagine all that money and saved, minus all that complications of waxing or threading, for a worry free beautiful skin.
What Are The Advantages of Permanent Laser Hair Reduction?
- Permanent hair removal is achieved in a short time, improving the quality of the skin.
- It also helps to remove cystic hair and improves problems with folliculitis, carbuncles, hypertrichosis and hidradenitis
- Lasers can selectively target dark, coarse hairs while leaving the surrounding skin undamaged.
- Most patients have permanent hair reduction after an average of 4 to 8 sessions.
- Unlike menacingly painful and messy options like waxing, threading and epilating; the laser sessions are extremely comfortable.
- Can bring other skin rejuvenation benefits like no ingrown hairs, more even skin tone, etc.
- No more razor burns or constant irritation
- You don’t need surface hair for a laser hair removal treatment. In fact, you are encouraged to shave soon before your session to prevent you scorching any of the surface hair. This means that while you are waiting for the laser hair removal to work, you can remain fuzz-free, unlike with waxing and other hair removal methods where you must have long enough surface hair before a session.
- Unlike waxing hair removal, laser hair removal is performed quickly and it only takes approximately 5 to 40 minutes per session for most individual face and body areas as opposed to waxing which can last up to an hour.
- There are certain areas of the body that are more delicate than others and waxing pulls the skin which can cause discomfort, bruising and sometimes bleeding. It can also lead to redness, swelling and a rash. With laser hair removal the only pain you’ll feel is the sensation of an elastic band lighting flicking the skin and we’ve had feedback from many of our clients that laser hair removal is actually less painful than waxing!
- It works out to be a cheaper and permanent option than other painful, messier procedures.
- Laser Hair Removal does not cause pigmentation of skin or roughening of skin which is very normal with other procedures like waxing, threading , hair removal creams
- Adds flexibility to your lifestyle and freedom to dress the way you want.
Who carries out the treatment?
All of our treatments are carried out by fully qualified Laser technicians, Nurses and Laser Certified Doctors who have passed an in-house examination on laser hair reduction and have undergone the Core of Knowledge training which focuses on Health and Safety issues.
What are the home care advices – before and during treatment?
The patient should avoid sunbathing, using self-tanning lotions and discoloring the hair the days prior to treatment to avoid discoloring of the skin. From the moment treatment starts, avoid the use of tweezers, waxing, electrolysis or any other type of air removal systems which remove hair by the root.
Do not apply aggravating creams to the skin before or during the course of treatment. This includes Glycolic Acid (AHA creams) and Retinoid based creams. Also be sure to tell us if you have been taking any tablets for acne, for any period in the year before treatment or if you are taking any herbal medications as these can make your skin sensitive to laser.
Your doctor will prescribe you a proper skin care regime, a good moisturizer and a sun protectant to keep your skin smooth, healthy and beautiful.