Getting and staying healthy can feel overwhelming, especially as we get older and experience changes physically and mentally. With their focus on adults and the aging process, Gawai Healthcare physicians are a good choice to act as your primary care provider to help you get well and stay healthy.
Our physicians provide evidence based medicine and management of ailments is done as per internationally accepted protocols that lead to improved health outcomes. Internal medicine not only provides curative care but also preventive care and education through out-patient clinics and comprehensive health checks. The consultants are highly skilled in managing patients with multiple ailments, geriatric or elderly patients and multi system disorders where coordination of care between several specialists is imperative.
The department of internal medicine at Gawai Healthcare focuses on educating and treating patients regarding common lifestyle diseases like diabetes and hypertension. The department is also actively engaged in promoting preventive health care among the community and corporate by participating in clinics and health talks.
Treatments and Procedures available at Gawai Healthcare
- Disease risk assessment, investigations and management
- Treatment of acute and chronic illnesses; like digestive disorders asthma, pneumonia, and other lung disorders.
- Treatment of communicable diseases like tuberculosis, typhoid and gastro enteritis
- Common ailments like sore throat, cold and flu, headaches, ear infections, urinary tract infections, allergies and hepatitis
- Medical management of chronic diseases like obesity, metabolic syndrome, lipid disorders
- Management of lifestyle diseases like hypertension, diabetes and cardiovascular diseases
- Medical management of geriatric patients
- Health checks for adults, including high risk groups like diabetics
- Pre-operative assessment and management of patients undergoing surgery