Physiotherapy And Rehabilitation
Gawai Healthcare Physiotherapy Department is dedicated at improving the quality of life. Our physiotherapy specialists do this by restoring physical movement, providing relief from pain or discomfort, improving functional levels, assisting the return to sports, and minimizing the chances of re-occurrence.
As defined, Physical therapy or physiotherapy (sometimes abbreviated to PT) is the health care profession primarily concerned with the remediation of impairments and disabilities and the promotion of mobility, functional ability, quality of life and movement potential through examination, evaluation, diagnosis and physical intervention.
As individuals, we maintain a high level of continuing professional development to ensure that all assessments and treatments provided to patients are up to date and evidence-based.
Your health is our focus
At Gawai Healthcare Physiotherapy can assist you with various concerns include the following:
- Musculoskeletal problems (joints and muscles)
- Muscle strength evaluation and quantification.
- Physiotherapy exercises to maintain and increase joint range of motion.
- Evaluate and train sitting and standing balance.
- Sports injuries
- Neck, back & shoulder pain
- Pre and post-surgery (e.g. ACL reconstructions and joint replacements)
- Postural dysfunctions
- Lower exercise tolerance (cardiac & respiratory conditions/diseases)
- Orthopedic injuries
- Elbow pain/tennis or golfers elbow
- Muscle spasm & tight muscles