Dark Circle Treatment
Don’t you just hate it when you everything about your look is just on point and the only deal breaker are dark and rather persistent rings beneath your eyes? Don’t worry; most of us have been there at some point in life. Not only do these under-eye circles make you look much older than what you actually are, but they also have you look ill, tired or unhealthy.
Dark circles are usually the half-moon shaped formations just below the eye area; however the tear-trough area doesn’t really darken but gives the appearance of being dark due to loss of facial structure which causes the eyes to appear hollow.
So in Indian skin, usually pigmentation is the major cause of dark circles, but the loss of facial structure come close second reason for the people who have dark circles. Here are some common causes of Dark Circles
- Facial structure – loss of fat pads around the eye create a shadowing impact which make the tear trough area appear dark. This is one of the most common reasons for deep set eye and dark circles. Our experts at Gawai Healthcare do understand this issue well, and have solutions to overcome this issue. Fat transfer and placement of filler materials like hyaluronic acid in to the tear trough area replaces the lost fat and facilitates re- contouring, giving a softer and brighter area around the eye.
- Lack of Proper water intake: general lack of water intake or imbalanced lifestyle resulting from late night parties and dehydration due to excessive drinking and smoking may result in dark circles or puffy eyes.
- Hemoglobin levels: Low iron levels in lead to poor oxygen supply to the tissue and result in dark circle
- Genetic causes: Some people just have a tendency to get dark circles. In such cases, skin lightening treatment taken over a period of time may help in keeping the dark circles in check
- Sleep deprivation & Stress – The direct relation between stress and dark circles has still not been established but many people report aggravation of dark circles when they are under stress.
- Nutritional deficiency – A deficiency of Vitamins A, C, K and E in specific result in the formation of dark circles around your eyes.
- Allergies: Eczema and certain allergies which cause itching can cause dark circles due to repetitive rubbing of the sensitive area surrounding the eyes on account of excess friction (allergy lines)
- Prolonged illness: any prolonged illness or Liver dysfunction diseases such as hepatitis may also result in dark circles. Hence, it is advisable to get the same tested if relevant vaccination has not already been taken for the same.
- Long screen time – Long hours in front of the computer or any LED screens could be harrowing for the eyes and can lead to eye stress and dark circles.
- Hormonal Changes: Sometimes, hormonal changes during the time of pregnancy and menstruation may also be the cause behind the dark circles
- Sun Exposure: The sun dehydrates the skin and sometimes people also tend to rub off the face hard in order to wipe the sweat off. The dehydration and friction that results from the respective acts cause darkening of the sensitive area around the eyes.
- Superficial veins: people of darker skin tone usually have prominent superficial vein , which might give a darker tinge to the tear trough area where the skin is very thin there.
What are the treatments available at GAWAI HEALTHCARE?
After thorough examination and diagnosis of your dark eye condition, your physician suggest you the combination of following treatment
- Placement of filler material in to the sunken socket areas help replace the lost fat pads and re-contour the sunken socket .it also reduce the friction between the skin and underlying bone and also hydrate the skin giving it more fresher look
- MNRF – Fractional radio frequency helps take care of skin tightening around the eyes for better skin texture and produce new collagen thereby help reduce dark circle caused by friction and photo ageing
- Laser skin resurfacing: A non-ablative laser also makes the skin more firmer and smoother and have no downtime and is very safe and effective. Dark circles could be treated with a combination of laser, peels and filler along with MNRF shows the best results.
- Vitamin k serum which helps lighten the pigmentation and rehydrate the skin
- Injection PRP containing growth factors helps rejuvenate skin and improve the lymphatic drainage in the area.
- Eye peel with Arginine / Retinol / TCA which helps rejuvenate, de-pigment, hydrate, and exfoliate the skin without compromising on its pH.