Sun Damage, Freckle and Pigmentation
A Glowing, naturally radiant skin is so desirable, as it not just adds on to our beauty and appeal, but also makes us feel confident and healthier. Gawai Healthcare ensures quality and advanced treatments to help you attain your ultimate skin goal of a radiant, healthy skin! Though your skin type, texture and tone vary from person to person; an uneven skin tone with deeper pigmentation concerns could be treated effectively and safely.
Chronic sun exposure is the most common reason for UV induced skin damage. Sun damage is more apparent in lighter skin types. Even though the sun induced damages aren’t apparently visible immediately, they develop wrinkles, fine lines, freckles, uneven pigmentation, prominent and dilated superficial vessels, rougher skin texture, comedones etc. These are the visible results of UVA and UVB radiations.
SUN TAN: This is caused due to increased production of melanin on the sun exposed area resulting in pigmented skin . it can be prevented by protection like sunscreen application, having an oral sunscreen like Polypodium leucotomos extract, wearing protective clothing to minimize the sun exposure.
MELASMA: Melasma is a common skin problem. It causes brown to gray- brown patches, usually on the face. Most people get it on their cheeks, bridge of nose, forehead, and chin and above upper lip. It could also appear on neck and forearms due to prolonged UV exposure.
First line of defense against melisma is sun protection. This means wearing an adequate amount of SPF and reapplying it every 2 hours. Your doctor also would advise you to wear a wide brimmed hat when you are outside. Apart from sun exposure, certain hormonal variations also could trigger pigmentation called “mask of pregnancy”. Certain skin care products which irritates your skin could also worsen the melisma.
FRECKLES: These are brown or black spots due to cluster of melanin deposited on skin. Its more apparent on fair skinned individual. UV damage due to excess sun damage are seen on face , or any exposed areas like chest, arms and shoulders.
POST INFLAMMATORY HYPERPIGMENTATION: This results from any skin injury, or skin grafting or even when the acne forms and dries up or is squeezed or picked on.
PIGMENTATION DUE TO OTHER CONDITIONS:Thyroid problems , certain cosmetics , familial reasons, acanthosis nigricans.
Treatment options available at Gawai Health Care
- Hydroquinone : this is the most common first line of treatment for melisma. Always use this under the guidance of your physician
- Tretinoin and corticosteroids : to enhance the de-melanisation, your physician may prescribe a combination of hydroquinone along with tretinoin and corticosteroid . This combination is known as Triple cream or Kligman’s formula. This has to be strictly used under a physician’s guidance only.
- Microdermabrasion: can help improve mild acne breakouts and comedonal acne, it’s not the treatment of choice for inflammatory acne.
- Chemical Peels : your physician may recommend a peel based on Retinoid peels, TCA , glycolic, phenol , azelaic acid or kojic acid to help lighten melasma.
- Lasers : Light based treatments , Lasers like Q-switched Nd:YAG pixel lasers are very effective in breaking down the melanin pigments and help remove the epidermal and dermal component of melasma.
- Medifacials for sundamaged and pigmented skin.
If you have a dream of getting radiant, flawless, and glowing skin at all times, then visit Gawai Healthcare
WHY OUR SKIN PIGMENTATION TREATMENT IS BEST –
- Gawai Healthcare boasts of a team of experienced doctors with years of expertise in addressing skin pigmentation and other skin related concerns.
- Every equipment used at Gawai Healthcare are USFDA approved and adheres to international standards.
- The specialised doctors use cutting edge advanced clinical treatment options like laser toning along with a combination of prescribed medications.
- Skin pigmentation treatment at Gawai Healthcare is customized as per the skin needs.
- Every Gawai Healthcare has state-of-the-art facilities emphasizing comfort and care.
- We have done thousands of skin pigmentation treatments with client satisfaction rating over 91%.